Thursday, February 5, 2009

Finally, a down day

The last week has been a whirlwind! With the exception of Saturday, our first full day at home, I've had to leave the house each day. Lily had a bit of jaundice which required 2 dr. appointments and 2 blood tests at the hospital. I developed a major case of stiff neck--I think from stress and hunching over a lot helping the baby nurse and also favoring my incision. So it was off to the chiropractor for me on Wednesday. I am IN LOVE with my chiropractor. In a medical sense. I still have some soreness and when I wake up in the morning it's very stiff, but hopefully a few more days and I'll be back to normal.

Yesterday we spent 4 hours trading in our CRV for a used Odyssey. The auto loan had been in my name, so I needed to go and sign paperwork. We were very sad to bid farewell to the CRV. We have LOVED that car. It was my first brand new car and only had it for 2.5 years. But, the minivan is the way to go for the automatic doors and space for the kids. And the carseats will fit! I'm excited that I'll get to have Miss Rose harnessed until she's 6 now. We were blessed to have them pay off the loan for the CRV and get us the minivan for just slightly more than what we were paying for the CRV for the same terms we had left on the CRV. Miss Rose is thrilled because the Odyssey has a DVD player--although we're making it clear that it's for long trips, not daily driving.

Today is a down day. My goal is to stay in my jammies and spend as much time on the couch as possible. Poor Bean is still running around doing so many errands and "honey-do's" that I want to be a part of. But I know the more I rest now, the faster my recovery will be.

My pain really has been minimal. Not that I haven't used the Vicodin I was sent home with, but mostly I need it after I've moved around a lot. It's almost gone though, so I'm definately rationing it! I just get fatigued quickly. After the long day yesterday I went to bed at 8:30 even though I had to get up at 10pm to feed Lily. I needed it though!

Finally, here are some pictures!

Today...8 days old.


  1. She's so precious! Please do rest - your body needs it :) Having to get the bilirubin counts check is a challenge/ when all you want to do is be home. Hope she's good now!

    We came home with lights, after 5 days in hospital, and had multiple checks for another. . .

  2. Yes, I ditto that about rest; I had a friend whose incision re-opened from doing too much. How is the adjustment to 3? I always wonder about that... I love the pictures and the one of her at 8 days is so beautiful!!

  3. Corrina - what a beautiful baby and family you have!


Thanks for your comment! I always love getting feedback on my posts.