Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trial Run

I return to work in a few weeks. I am blessed to work just 3 days in the office--which gives me two weekdays with my beautiful daughters. Bean leaves for work as the girls are waking up, so I'm pretty much on my own dressing everyone (including myself), breakfasting (including nursing the baby) and getting out of the house.

This week I decided to do a trial run of when my maternity leave is over. Our staff meetings are on Tuesdays, so I figured that was a good day to go into work. Gracie decided to wake up at 5:45am and subsequently wake Miss Rose up...but I made them stay in bed for a while.

We managed to get out of the house on time. And we were dressed. AND I even had some makeup on. Lately I've been enjoying that I can take Miss Rose to school in my jammies and slippers and showering when I get home. So it was quite a feat to get that all done BEFORE we left.

However...I did forget my cell phone in the mad scramble to get everyone and everything out of the house. And I ALMOST left the house completely open. As in the door and the security screen wide open. As I got in the van, I realized the security door was ajar...which meant I hadn't closed or locked anything. Thankfully I realized it before I left. I doubt I would have remembered that once I drove away.

We got Miss Rose to school at 8am, drove Gracie to my mom's house and made it to work with a few minutes to spare. WHOO HOO!

I was tired by the end of the day though. LC was a bit out of sorts being at work with me. She's used to napping in her swing and driving in the car a lot. It's probably a good idea to continue these trial runs to get her accustomed to being at work with mama and sleeping there.

Let me just say also, moms that work 40 hours a week and have 3 or more kids are INSANE! Doing this three days a week seems doable to me. I feel like I might have a nervous breakdown if I had to do it five days a week. You do what you have to do, and you make it work though.

Coming soon: some photos from my homemade photo shoot with LC! I'm not sold on calling her LC for this blog, but a nickname hasn't come to me yet. I use the other girls' middle names here...but we also use those names for them in real life. But for now, I guess that's what I'll call her.


  1. Wow; that does sound like a lot of work! Great job on doing it though! I thought your parents lived with you in the new house; did that not happen yet? I'm sure that will help a bit if that happens (or maybe that's not for a few years?) Anyway, good for you in getting everyone out the door! :)

  2. Lots of busy mornings in store for you :) Getting the shower in is the hardest part! Good job :)

  3. Wow to me even three days seems like a lot. My sister has started to use a check list to make sure she does not forget something when she leaves the house. I can't wait to see the new pics of baby LC.


Thanks for your comment! I always love getting feedback on my posts.